Click to Download Brochure : GP Symposium 2017
This event is organized by the National Heart Institute for General Practitioners to provide an educational opportunity to glean on updates on topics of interest in the field of cardiovascular medicine. It also offers a rare occasion for some leisurely interaction with our cardiologists and cardiothoracic surgeons at The Zenith Hotel, Kuantan, Pahang. At the end of this session, it is hoped that the following learning objectives will be achieved:
1) To understand the management of cardiovascular diseases in general practice.
2) To gain a better understanding on Peripheral Vascular Diseases and Paediatric Cardiac Imaging.
3) To experience an exciting interactive session for better understanding of ECGs.
4) To provide a general overview of current available cardiac surgical services in Malaysia.
5) To foster better relationship between IJN and General Practitioners.
6) To assist in learning basic echocardiography skills.
0830 - 0900 : Arrival of Guests and registration
0900 - 0910 : Welcome and Opening address (Dato’ Seri Dr. Mohd Azhari Yakub, Chief Executive Officer, IJN)
0910 - 0920 : Speech by The Malaysian Medical Association (MMA) (Dr. Ravindran Naidu, President, MMA)
0920 - 0930 : Presentation of plaques to sponsors
0930 - 1015 : What’s New in Cardiothoracic Surgery (Dato' Dr. Mohamed Ezani Md. Taib, Head & Director of Operation, Private Healthcare Division & Senior Consultant Cardiothoracic Surgeon, IJN)
1015 - 1100 : Current Perspectives in Coronary Artery Disease(Dato Dr Amin Ariff, Head of Cardiology Department & Senior Consultant Cardiologist, IJN)
1100 - 1115 : Tea Break
1115 - 1200 : Peripheral Artery Disease - Save a Limb (Dr. Shaiful Azmi, Deputy Head of Cardiology & Consultant Cardiologist, IJN)
1200 - 1245 : Demystifying ECGs (Dr. Aslannif Roslan, Cardiologist, IJN)
1245 - 1400 : Lunch / MSD Lunch Symposium
1400 - 1430 : Why Make IJN Your Buddy ( Mr.Akim Affandi Ahmad, Head, Marketing & Medical Tourism, IJN)
1430 - 1515 : Cardiac Imaging Paediatric (Dr. Leong Ming Chern, Consultant Paediatric Cardiologist, IJN)
1515 - 1600 : ECHO Hands-ON Workshop
1600 : Tea Break / Ends
For more information on the IJN GP Symposium/RSVP, please contact
Ms. Ashvernee Karunakaran
+603 2600 6312
+6014 922 03 12