Personal Data Protection Act Notice
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION NOTICE
Malaysian Medical Association (“MMA”) respects and is committed to the protection of your Personal Data and your privacy. This Personal Data Protection Notice (“Notice”) is issued pursuant to the statutory requirements of the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”) and applied to any person who provides or has provided Personal Data to MMA.
- This written Notice serves to inform you that your Personal Data is being processed by or on behalf of MMA.
- During your course of dealings with MMA, we will collect and process your Personal Data for purposes, including, without limitation, to communicate with you, provide services to you, respond to your enquiries or complaints, provide you with information and / or updates on services offered by us, and selected third parties and other purposes required to operate and maintain our business.
- It is necessary for us to collect and to retain your Personal Data. If you do not provide us with your Personal Data, or do not consent to this Personal Data Protection Notice, we will not be able to effectively render our services to you, if at all.
- We will not disclose any of your Personal Data to any third party without your consent except to our employees, our affiliates, our strategic partners, our appointed agents, our service providers / vendors, our appointed financial institutions and / or insurance companies, within and outside Malaysia, where necessary, that provide related services in connection with our business, any party who undertakes to keep your Personal Data confidential, any person who is under a duty of confidentiality to MMA, or to whom we are compelled or required to under the law.
- Any Personal Data provided by you will be retained by MMA as long as it is necessary and convenient for the fulfilment of purposes pursuant to our internal practices, regulatory requirements, legal and business requirements.
- We are committed to ensuring that your Personal Data is stored securely in our databases and in our offices. All reasonable efforts and practical steps are made to ensure that any Personal Data held by MMA is protected against any loss, misuse, modification, unauthorized or accidental access or disclosure, alteration or destruction.
- You have the right to request for access to, request for a copy of, request to update or correct your Personal Data held by You have the right at any time to request us to limit the processing and use of your Personal Data. You may send your request in writing to:
Malaysian Medical Association
4th Floor, MMA House, 124 Jalan Pahang, 53000 Kuala Lumpur.
Attention: Honorary General Secretary Email: [email protected]
Tel No: 03 – 4041 1375
Fax No: 03 – 4041 8187
Your request shall be subjected to any applicable legal restrictions, conditions and a reasonable time period.
- By providing us your Personal Data, you hereby agree and consent to the usage and processing of your Personal Data by MMA in the manner as identified in this Notice.
- Please also note that from time to time, we may request for new Personal Data from you. By providing us with your Personal Data or continuing to communicate with us, we shall regard that you have consented to the processing of such data.
- Please note that we may amend this Notice at our discretion, without prior notification to you and that such amendments or updates shall have effect immediately upon posting to our site. By continuing to communicate with MMA or by continuing to use MMA’s services following the modifications, updates or amendments to this Notice, it shall signify your acceptance of such modifications, updates or amendments.
By clicking AGREE, it shall be deemed that consent has been given to this Personal Data Protection Notice.